The Motorized Slab Tong is designed to lift either one or several slabs simultaneously, in a horizontal position. The tongs are robustly engineered for heavy duty application to meet the severe demands of steel mills.
The crane operator controls the entire lifting process from the crane cabin. Preposition of the scissors are actuated by worm gear motors with a jack screw system.
The electrical circuit to the control box is carried out by plug-in connection. This enables quick removal of the tong from the crane.
The suspension assembly is designed to accommodate standard crane hooks. The suspension is fixed by pull pins. Customised suspensions on request.
See other Slab Tong Types using the menu here on the right.
- Rotating unit
- Lateral mechanical limit switches with control lamps
- Suspension custom-made
- Suspension for free hook leading - no floor personnel required
- Electrical fittings
- Radio control for the tong
- Electrical provisioning for fully-automatic lifting process
- Height adjusting tables (manual, motorized)
Pictures of different Options
|Motorized Slab Tong
Technical Data Sheets
Please fill-in the contact form to request the technical data sheet