The Hydraulic operated Slab Tong is designed to lift either one or several slabs simultaneously, in a horizontal position.
The tongs are robustly engineered for heavy duty application to meet the severe demands of steel mills.
The crane operator controls the entire lifting process from the crane cabin. The tong is operated by an electric driven hydraulic system, mounted on the tong.
The preposition of the scissors is hydraulically actuated. The electrical circuit to the control box is carried out by plug-in connection. This enables quick removal of the tong from the crane.
The suspension assembly is designed to accommodate standard crane hooks. The standard suspension is fixed by pull pins.
Customised suspensions produced on request.
See other Slab Tong Types using the menu here on the right.
- Rotating unit
- Hydraulic Slab Tong at Stacker
- Suspension custom-made
- Suspension for free hook leading - no floor personnel required
- Electrical fittings
- Radio control for the tong
- Electrical provisions for fully-automatic lifting process
- Height adjusting tables (manual, motorized)
- Hydraulic operated safety rotating flippers
Pictures of different Options
Video Hydraulic Slab Tong with Safety Device
Technical Data Sheets
Please fill-in the contact form to request the technical data sheet